A/B/Y Pedals??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also curious to see how this working out. I'm also going to be doing something similiar. A dream setup with my Mark IV and a DR, however I am very concerned about doing this. I have heard that you can not use a delay in the fx loop of either amp.

Apparently while playing and the delay on, when you switch amps the delay continues to play on the amp you have switched and could cause serious damage to the amp....I am not interested in destroying my amps.
Is there truth to this or is this only with certain types or brands of switchers.

I have been looking into the Framptone Switcher, anyone with any experience or knowledge with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Hey guys, I have been experimenting with the Lehle Dual. It sounds great! Easy switching, noise free, and most importantly, no tone suckage when the gain knobs are turned up. The Lehle Dual is interesting in the way the midi is set-up. I don't have the "lead" for it, so I just worked around it. I have been using a Rockman Midi Octopus to do the switching on my Mark IV for a long time; it works very well. So, I just use the Lehle to run 2 amps, no midi switching. Actually, right now I have my Splawn Quick Rod and the rakmounted Mark IV running together. It has quite a interesting tone...aggression and mids from the Splawn, smooth Mark IV tones from the Boogie. It's a pretty cool mix.

I do hear what you are saying Mystic, about the delay. Anyway, I have a Quadraverb running in the loop of the Boogie. There are NO issues with delay spillover. It may have to do with where you plug the head with the active loop into on the Lehle. Originally, I had the Boogie in the input A and the Splawn on input B. There was a weird delay thing happening. I have no idea if it was the spillover from the Quad or what. However, when I switched the inputs, no problems. So, maybe that's it. I also want to try running my Mark IV short head along with the rackmounted Mark IV. Set them up a bit differently and see how that sounds.

Just FYI, I am running the Splawn head through a Marshall Power Brake (damb that Splawn is loud) and then into a Marshall Classic 4X12 with Celestion 25's at 8 ohms. The rackmounted Mark IV is running into an EarCandy stereo 2X12 loaded with Eminence Wizards, each speaker is 8 ohms, so they are each plugged into the 4 ohm outs on the Mark IV. The 2X12 is sitting right on top of the 4X12. It is a cool sound.

The Splawn has a 3 button footswitch that controls clean, overdrive, solo modes. I found that if I plug the footswitch jacks of the Splawn into the Rockman Midi Octopus with stereo cables, I can do the switching via my midi footcontroller, SWEET 8) I suppose I should really call Scott Splawn and make sure that is O.K. But, it's working right now!

Anyway, that's about it. Oh, Mystic, I also have a Framptone switcher, which is excellent as well. I felt like I was detecting a bit of tone suckage with the Framptone...that's why I wanted to try the Lehle. The Lehle's tuner out is a bit noisy...haven't figured that out yet. I just won't use the tuner out until I can do some more experimenting and see what I can come up with.

Hope this helps...Rock on gentlmen :wink:

Heyyyyy I'm looking for some A/B/Y stuff. I got a bogner shiva, triple rec, and orange ad140 atm, and Id like a rackmount unit, no pedals, similar to mesas high gain amp switcher. Ideas?

Latest posts

Back