A/B/Y Pedals??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcalabro

Reaction score
hi!

I'm looking to run two heads @ once.
The only pedal i have seen or read about is the Morley ABY Channel Switcher, which didn't have the greatest reviews..

Any suggestions on brands/types/etc?

Thanks a bunch

Check out Radial Tonebone Switchbone, it is what a lot of pros use including Alan Holdsworth. No noise and plenty of extras to get a natural tone. I ordered the passive aby Bigshot pedal by Radial and sent it back because with both amps going at the same time the tone changes a little, but there was no noise and great for running one amp at a time.

I have to run 2 amps at once so I have to pay $230 for the Switchbone, instead of $70 for the Bigshot ABY. They have some similar features, check them out.

one last one to consider: The HBE Bytchyn Swytchn A/B/C with buffered outputs on A/B, parallel on C. Quiet, no coloration, I love it.

contact diamondplateguitars.com they may be able to build you one that can do what you want plus something else great guys

ursinus said:
one last one to consider: The HBE Bytchyn Swytchn A/B/C with buffered outputs on A/B, parallel on C. Quiet, no coloration, I love it.

I thought that is what that pedal said on your board. Where do they sell those? I need a couple myself or just an amp switcher like Mesa's.

Thanks. Where can I see these retail other than online?

Russ said:
Thanks. Where can I see these retail other than online?

@ Rockit Music in Brea, that's where I get mine

DSCN1214.jpg

I just ordered the Lehle Dual. Kinda pricey, but I am pretty excited to hear how transparent it is. If its not, you will see it on eBay :( My hopes are that it the bomb, as I have heard here. I tried some crappy A/B/Y's and their just tone suckers! I have no time for that :evil:

I really want to integrate my Mark IV (a model) medium head into the set-up below.

just a quick Q

Why are you wanting to run a MKIV series A and a B any reasong,have you found certain,different characteristics of both these

Haven't tried it yet. I was hoping to have each amp set differently to complement the other. Most recordings have multiple layers of rhythm guitars and I am wondering how this set-up might work. Any comments...?

thats a good idea
setting one sorta different to add more textures to your sound
perhaps running one of them wet and the other dry may add a little something as well

My dream set up would be my dual rec with a MKIV B short head,I have heard and can belive that both these amps running at the same time would create the ultimate sonic bliss

I was just wondering what your plans were having two of the same amps running,thought you knew a secret holy grail tone that we didnt,just being nossy really :D

Ah yes, the search for "The Tone." My precious...

No fiendish plot, I was just thinking, "what's could be better than Mark IV tone?" How about 2 Mark IV's :mrgreen: Well, maybe that IS my fiendish plot after all, HA!

I ordered a Lehle Dual to do the switching. I have heard they are actually transparent and do not have the tonal coloration others do. We'll see...

Please...be nosy...that just gives me permission as well :wink:

Latest posts

Back