97 tremoverb and 97 dual recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dropped_2_c

Reaction score
are these gonna sound differently besides the tremelo and reverb. i mean are they the same circuit with the exception of what I previous stated

i would love to score one of these if they are the same

There's also the Blues mode on the red channel to make it different! And yes, they do sound slightly different!

jbird said:
There's also the Blues mode on the red channel to make it different! And yes, they do sound slightly different!

thanks but it still gets heavy right lol

A Trem O Verb will get just as heavy as a Dual Rec of the same year... however, a dual rec can't do all of the things a TOV can do. The TOV was the top amp Mesa made of that time. The Road King of that line. It REALLY is the only amp that can do it all. If you get one and are patient, you will grow as a musician with your amp...if you only want to do metal for the next ten years...get a Dual Rec.

I had both and decided I no longer needed the Dual Rec stack so I sold it.

I am still discovering great sounds even today with my TOV and I got it new when it came out back then. I have changed guitars many times but still use that amp as my main rig...because it can do it all.

Hope that helps.

I bought my Dual Rec in '93, played it for a few years, then replaced it with a T-Verb combo because I wanted the built in reverb and tremolo. But unfortunately it got destroyed in a fire 2 years later. I liked the T-Verb a LOT more. I don't know if there are actual differences in the circuitry, but it was far more flexible and had a "mojo" that the Dual Rec couldn't match for me. For many reasons I was unable to afford a Mesa again until just a few months ago. I tried several Dual and Triple Recs when I started shopping, but they just didn't have that "magic" for me. Then a flawless T-Verb head popped up and I got it and am again convinced that this is one hell of an amazing amp! 8)

I own a few of each.... and they definitely sound different.

IMO - the TOV is more versatile - it can get cleaner, yet get even dirtier than the DR

lookslikemeband said:
I own a few of each.... and they definitely sound different.

IMO - the TOV is more versatile - it can get cleaner, yet get even dirtier than the DR
Not sure if the ToV can get dirtier than the DR. I thought there was a consensus here agreeing that the both amp set at Red Channel / Modern mode the DR has a slightly higher gain than ToV. Say ToV's preamp gain at 12 o'clock is DR's 11 o'clock.

Yes, the ToV is more versatile and for me its a keeper.

But the Dual Rectifier is a dedicated heavy, hi-gain amp is a great alternative if you are not going to use the channel cloning or need that many modes of the ToVs. That's my $.02

The Trem-O-Verb is THE amp... I need to get one.. as far as versatile sound.. it is it... I have a Triple Rectifier and it is a great sound, don't get me wrong, but I would be able to be more versatile with less effects... Granted.. I will probably always have my Triple Rec head...

I have a soft spot for that amp... but it is something that has a lot of depth and will grow with you as a musician..

I'm in the minority here, but I just couldn't get MY sound out of the TOV, where I can get it all day long out of my DR or Mark IV. Just thought I'd through that in here, since it's not the end all amp for everyone, and also didn't have the versatility live I needed (at least 3 channels with completely different voices). It was a great amp, but didn't work for me.

Latest posts

Back