-

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds interesting. One of my pet niggles with my Mark V is the eternal fight between feel and brightness. I can get great tones on all channels at low to moderately loud levels but still always seems very sharp at band levels. Just seems a little too much bite. I like a heavy tone, but balanced enough so it's not too saturated. If I run the masters low I get the darkness I want. But pushing the output to compensate the volume drop again adds a lot of bite. Pushing the masters and dropping the output has a similar effect. My band is very loud so I'm gonna have to push something hard to compete I guess. Haven't tried dropping the loop level though, is it a send or return level control? Could be the key!

Off topic...

Interested to pick your brains a little on the schematic if you don't mind. I've perused it a little myself and have been wondering on the viability of fitting a drive control to channel 3. Preferably in parallel to the fixed resistance in place. Could it be done? Assume it would only take the level from the preset 7.5 up to 10. Or would it need to bleed to ground? Guess that would complicate things to the point of more trouble than its worth.

Think I'll leave it well alone to be honest. Don't really wanna be waving a soldering iron around inside this amp. I did try the bigger cap for iic+ mode but didn't seem to make much difference. Had it in parallel with the original smaller cap and switchable in and out. Didn't have any way of measuring frequencies or the chance to crank it up but at low volumes little to no difference at all.

Latest posts

Back