-

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running a Korg Pitchblack with mine for a couple of years with no problems.

+1 Korg Pitchblack. Used in "Tuner Out" for 8 months. No problems so far.

I hope this somewhat anti-reply helps:

DO NOT use a Korg DTR-2, as - just like you've experienced - the MkV will quickly kill it. I was/am soooooo disappointed in this fact, as it rendered my mint DTR-2 dead and fixing it wasn't worth the cost. :(

I really wish Mesa would've made this more obvious to new buyers.

I do have a BOSS TU-3, though, and it works just fine in the loop.

I also use a Korg Pitchblack. While I have had no problems using it in the tuner out plug, I do have another problem. It seems to pick up and transmit ambient noise and interrupt the "signal." For example, if I am trying to tune mid song or between song and the keyboard player is playing, enough of his sound must hit my pickups and make it to the tuner, that sometimes the tuner doesn't register or acts weird. When there is no stage noise, it works fine. I have since put the Pitchblack in my guitar signal path on my pedal board, rather than the tuner out. That has solved this anomaly.

Make shure that the channel master is NOT lower than 9 o'clock since a low channel master will NOT feed the "tuner out" properly. I've had this problem myself. Took a while to figure out! And turn of the reverb when tuning!
Regards/ Jesper

APEMAN said:
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anybody else had the same troubles...

...for years I used an old small korg tuner. Connecting that to the tuner out on the mark v killed him in a few minutes. I said to myself, ok it was an old tuner.....and bought a new one, the korg follower ca-1. Back home again, I plugged it in and again it took only a few minutes....

Then I started reading the mark v schematics and saw that the mark v tuner out has a different level than the other mesa boogie tuner outs(!!) and will shurely kill all the insturment level tuners.

So my question is, what tuners are you guys useing? Did that happen to anyone else? (Why is there no warning in the manual? [Or was it my fault overlooking it....])(And why does the mark v tuner out has to be on line level?)

Sorry! My reply was adressing the problem "babow2" had!

Wow! That does explain why my DTR-2000 cooked. Bummer...it was a real nice tuner. Again, no problem with the Pitchblack.

Latest posts

Back