562003 Simuclass Output Transformer FS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed, I could use those shots ASAP please!

You're the first person I'd offer the x101 to when I find one, I promise. I've got an export PT from a Bass 400+, it weighs a ton.

Make 'em nice and sexy

What about this Fender PT? That looks pretty stock, and is rated at 135W, even comes with the red plate (a bit shorter in height) and chicken knob. As used by the Fender Bassman.

fvsprp0.jpg

sw1010sg5.jpg
:D

Ooh blimey 12 people are watching the auction, it's not even been on there for an hour!

Can it be used with the X62 power transformer (60watt export)?
There will be a lot of mods to the amp wouldn't it? A new power board, and drilling holes in the chassis.
Hmm, sounds like a job for pros!

tony777 said:
Can it be used with the X62 power transformer (60watt export)?
There will be a lot of mods to the amp wouldn't it? A new power board, and drilling holes in the chassis.
Hmm, sounds like a job for pros!

I build the PWR-7C1 powerboards. They look exactly the same as the Mesa ones, with even thicker copper traces and tin plating. And with the tube socket holes I only have to drill a small hole, then I use a special tool which you simply insert into the hole and it cuts a bigger clean hole as you tighten a screw.

It would work, but there might be a noticeable lack of clarity with the amp turned up. I can get the export PT as well.

The only thing missing now is the original C+ EQ faceplates. there must be someone who can make replicas out there (lol)

We might want to keep as much of this stuff on the QT. All the boards are basically artwork and Randall Smith has a copyright on all the circuit boards and the faceplate. So basically, we are not supposed to copy them until 70 years after RCS has passed away. :D

Of course. They're for replacing my own broken boards and are hence deemed for personal use and not for commercial exploitation and infringment of copyright on the original copyright :p

jvk said:
Of course. They're for replacing my own broken boards and are hence deemed for personal use and not for commercial exploitation and infringment of copyright on the original copyright :p

Exactly.

I have taken the pics, but they need to be touched up. It's very hard to get that close and detailed with flash. I did pull the power supply board and nabbed a few shots, but we will see. It has a Mesa part number as well. Who knew ?

PS1-C? :D

Wow that's great BB, thanks mate. I'd hug you if you were here, hehe. I can correct brightness/contrast issues, but not blurriness.

Boogiebabies said:
We might want to keep as much of this stuff on the QT. All the boards are basically artwork and Randall Smith has a copyright on all the circuit boards and the faceplate. So basically, we are not supposed to copy them until 70 years after RCS has passed away. :D

And boogie doesn't want to make some new ones either. :(

tony777 said:

Well, there's no point for Mesa to resurrect their dead amp, they want you to buy their MarkIV.

They could always reissue the Mark IIC+. Something tells me it'd sell a bit better than the Mark I reissue. Marshall did it with pretty decent success with the JCM800 2203. It'd be awesome.

jvk said:
tony777 said:

Well, there's no point for Mesa to resurrect their dead amp, they want you to buy their MarkIV.
I meant faceplates, and if I could get someone to make me a C+ EQ faceplate I wouldn't care much for the copyright. I would only make one for my own amp, and a couple of spares maybe.

Latest posts

Back