50 Cal + Problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentf64

Reaction score
I have a 50 Cal + that has performed flawlessly for quite some time. Recently I have been having a problem. I will be playing and it will be fine for some time and then it will cut out and I can barely hear it. It will cut in and out at this point. If I switch to standby and then back on it works for a little bit and then cuts out again. My technical knowledge with tube amps is limited switching out the tubes. I replaced the power tubes with two that I know work fine and have the same problems. It does not sound like any preamp tube problem that I'm aware of. Any suggestion before I take it in for repair?

I think I found what you are talking about. Are you refering to the send and return effects jacks? If so that takes a load off my mind!

RussB said:
Do a search, read through the previous posts...I have addressed this in the past 8)

It's good to educate folks on the proper use of a forum.

That being said, maybe you could have directed him to the thread, and explained to him how to find it.

Just sayin'. :) :)

Brent..........

I had this problem once. MesaBoogie diagnosed it as being related to the pre-amp control. They sent the schematics to me and recommended that I ship to my local MB repair joint (TriState in northern Jersey).

Tri-State looked it over and could not find a problem. Since getting the amp back, I have not had a problem. I would suggest that you email MB or maybe even call. They were very helpful to me.

Anthony50Cal+

Latest posts

Back