5 and 15 watt problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LSspecial

Reaction score
My LSS suddenly developed a problem. While using the amp at 30 watts it operates fine with both channels. However, when switching to 15 or 5 watts the amp stops working. The signal fades away just like it does when I turn on the stand by. Doesn't matter which channel......as soon as I switch from 30 watts to 15 or 5 it happens. Has anyone experienced this?

Definately the rectifier tube. Mine died early on and i changed it to GE NOS, but tbh i dont know if it matters to use NOS for rectifier. Anyway it has worked great ever since. I am surprised it hasnt blown the fuse too, mine did at the same time and replaced it with Radio Shack and same thing...works great. This happened about 6 months ago, pull it out and rock/

You will know for sure if your rec tube is not glowing but it sure sounds like that is the problem.

Platypus said:
Rectifier tube.

This is a common problem with the LSS it seems :idea: :?

I think it's more the way the set their bias?? (I'm probably talking out of my *** here) But, Only with certain tubes i blow my rec on my LSS. When i put mesa tubes back in, no more problems ....

Latest posts

Back