5:50 - Speaker break-in?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alivefor5

Reaction score
New amp with a single 12" Black Shadow made by Celestion.
Does this speaker require break-in? If so, approx. how long?

look at the clestion sight I got below,,, look at DR. decible, then drop down menu where it says select topic, and check out speaker break in.
I did this with my brand new 2x12 recto cab and I swear it helped it tremendously. Good luck

http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/features/drdecibel/index.asp

Mine took about 3 weeks of rehearsals twice a week before the speaker was broken in. Once it was, the highs were sparkly, the harshness went away and I could actually enjoy the 5 watt mode.

Cheers,

Richt :D

Agreed. I have a new Express 5:50 1x12 and it took a few weeks to break in. When i sold my Recto i kept the 1x12 wideboy cab (with a black shadow) i had been using with it for 4 years so i every day in the past few weeks i have been switching between the old worn in cab and the new built in cab so i can learn from it.

The worn in Cab sounds a million times better and the new cab is getting closer to that by the day. Infact, the worn in cab actually gives me better smoother distortion

I hope this helps

Thanks for the replies, very helpful. Robbie, the site link is good especially how the speaker ages through the years. Pyro, your comparison with the worn is speaker is excellent.
This is probably heresy on this forum but I played bass through mine (5 string, modest volume) for about 2 hours last night. Big difference, especially in the 5 watt area. I'm now confident that it just keeps getting better.

Latest posts

Back