5/50 drops power at any given time

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzin335

Reaction score
my express 5/50 keeps dropping power at any given time. mesa had it and found nothing but while they had it i got it to do it by using my peavy amp with just the express speakers so mesa and i figure it had to be a speaker. not. the new one did it too. so i figure it had to be the cord to the speakers from the amp since that was the only thing left.. it still does it. i have tried different cords when it acts up and running it straight to amp use a different guitar but the only thing that seems to help is unpluging speaker cord and putting it back when it happens.. i made a new cord still has the problem
please help. i had a mesa boogie studio for years never had one problem with it.

jazzin335 said:
my express 5/50 keeps dropping power at any given time. mesa had it and found nothing but while they had it i got it to do it by using my peavy amp with just the express speakers so mesa and i figure it had to be a speaker. not. the new one did it too. so i figure it had to be the cord to the speakers from the amp since that was the only thing left.. it still does it. i have tried different cords when it acts up and running it straight to amp use a different guitar but the only thing that seems to help is unpluging speaker cord and putting it back when it happens.. i made a new cord still has the problem
please help. i had a mesa boogie studio for years never had one problem with it.

It could be the speaker jack. Have you tried going into one of the 4 ohm jacks to see if it works better there?

I believe the manual says this is okay, but check before you do.

Latest posts

Back