4x12 out of phase?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EirikBrandal

Reaction score
Hi,

I just feel that the tone gets thinner the more I step away from the cab. Can this be some sort of phase cancellation from the speakers?

Could be. Test by taking a 9v battery and applying to the input of the cab. Won't hurt the speakers one bit, but they all should move out, or in, together.

if you have a speaker out of phase it will have a huge impact on your sound, i did it once by accident years ago. i think your phase issues may be more environment related (not global warming) the location of your cab relative to walls, boundries, and the size of the room. speaker placement has a bigger impact on sound than most people realize. that's why you get the best sound ever on one stage and the same settings sound like crap in another club. try putting the cab in a corner or within 2 feet of a wall. outside can have the same effect because there is no boundry reinforcement.

i think your phase issues may be more environment related (not global warming) the location of your cab relative to walls, boundries, and the size of the room

2+ on that one.

my room sucks.

Latest posts

Back