4x12 Halfback questions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonZombie

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm coming to you for some help again.
I found a Guitar Shop with a old 4x12 Halfback for $500.00 plus $90.00 for shipping.
It has Black Shadow and EV Speakers.
Is that a fair price?
They say it's in great shape.
Can I still get the cover to close in the halfback?
Thanks,
Ron

If it doesn't come with the cover, make your own. I did the same with one of my 2x12 half backs. Materials are cheap and it will only take a couple of hours, max.

Nice find. I'd buy it myself.

I just found one local for $350.00.
It has the Black Shadow's in all 4.
Is it worth the close to $250.00 more for the EV's?

I have a 4x12 halfback, that was fully closed. I took the top closure off to open it up a bit. I have celestion G12-80 super lead in all 4 spots, and i think it sounds great. I think you have mc-90's in the one you are looking at. I'm pretty sure you will be happy. If not you can always sell two for maybe $65 each and buy 2 EV-12L for 150 each. nearly 600 seems like a lot. but if you will be supremely happy... If it was me, I would buy the local one. maybe negotiate a better price. plus the MC-90's will shave more than a few pounds off, and save your back.

scott

I pulled the trigger on the one with the MC-90'S.
Ill get to fire it up tomorrow.
It is in amazing shape for a cab of it's age..

When I first got my new Rig
P1020806.jpg

Today
P1020826.jpg

How do you like the C-90's compared to the EVM's? I have 4 EVM's in my halfback, but they make the cab ungodly heavy, and I'm beginning to really dislike the lack of give/speaker breakup/mojo that EVM's have compared to most other speakers. They sound awesome for live use since they cut through the mix like no other, but it's too **** heavy to move!

I really want to change the speakers out, but I can't decide on V30's, C90's or maybe keep 2 EVM's in the bottom and mixing them (though I'd like to make the cab as light as possible).

Back