$ 4000 C+ on E-Bay

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
psychodave said:
dodger916 said:
Sold for $3,500.

The buyer has made some other interesting purchases, including a 1975 MXR flanger ($325) and a Maestro ep3 Echoplex ($332). Looks like this C+ will be having some fun with old friends!!

Looks like he is looking for the VH sound as well.

BTW, the echoplex he bought is a really good sounding one. I have several and the best sounding one has the black top. (there is more to it, but I dont feel like typing) 8)

Aw, that's easy. All you have to do is die and reincarnate and find an obnoxious 67 Plexi, amazing fingers, alcohol and lie about all your gear.

Boogiebabies said:
psychodave said:
dodger916 said:
Sold for $3,500.

The buyer has made some other interesting purchases, including a 1975 MXR flanger ($325) and a Maestro ep3 Echoplex ($332). Looks like this C+ will be having some fun with old friends!!

Looks like he is looking for the VH sound as well.

BTW, the echoplex he bought is a really good sounding one. I have several and the best sounding one has the black top. (there is more to it, but I dont feel like typing) 8)

Aw, that's easy. All you have to do is die and reincarnate and find an obnoxious 67 Plexi, amazing fingers, alcohol and lie about all your gear.

haha. I actually have a 67 plexi and all of that other stuff... and I never use it/them. I just use my Mark III and IV 8) (I am not kidding either)

Boogiebabies said:

Actually, I think it's a lot easier than that.

LockStock said:
Actually, I think it's a lot easier than that.

Play it like you hate it and you're 75% there I think. Beat the **** out of the guitar. :)

Some nice gear you've picked up, LockStock. I wasn't trying to belittle you with the comments about the price. (If I had the cash, I'd be right there with you...)

All IIC+ cathode caps were tantalum or hermetically sealed tantalum. They never used electrolytic or ceramic disks.

The two .01 Orange Drops on the power board are current Vishay/SBE caps and are much larger and do not have the same shape as the vintage 715P's. Mesa sometimes used 225P's there as well, which were smaller.
I might even assume this amp had the 225P's and they were replaced. This was not necessary IMO as the 225P's have a smoother tone. My biggest question is if they are connected with the right polarity. All IIC+ caps in those positions have the Sprague name facing the back of the amp. I don't mind a few replaced parts or upgrades like the EQ pop mod, but it's worth knowing if you were to pay 4K. I would especially like to know the values of of the parts replaced to be sure it was as the amp was designed and not modified. :shock:
Greetings Ed. I read and heard that all orange drops are " polarized " even though they aren't marked. And that the foiled end should be connected to the lowest impedance side or from the last audio output stage. How can I tell and how important is this in my C+? Hope to hear from you! Blessings, Jim

There is no polarity on those caps. Doesn’t matter which way you install them. I worked for a capacitor manufacture. Sprague would not have bothered to specifically mark one side consistently. Don’t believe this “polarity matters” BS you read here or Youtube videos.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back