4 ohms, 8 ohms? whats the diff?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobbypols

Reaction score
I wanna get a power attenuater and i have to choose which one to buy... Anyways, can someone explain what MUSCIAL properties differ between hooking up my stiletto head to trad. recto cab via 4 ohm vs 8 ohm? Some examples would also be cool i.e. traditional plexi setups, jcm 800 ohm setup and who uses it that way...thanks.

One does/should not use ohm ratings as a tone tool. The Boogie Recto cabs are 8 ohm mono/ 4 ohm stereo. You should be using speaker cable from the 8 ohm out of your head to the 8 ohm mono on your cab!

That also holds true for the power attenuator, if you're looking at getting a THD Hot Plate. You would get the 8 Ohm attenuator and run a line from the same 8 Ohm out to the attenuator.

The only difference is the total amount of power that your are using. when anybody says to you than an amp is a 100 watts he must to say too the impedance.
For example my amps is able to get 100 watts per a 4 ohm impedance.
If you increase the impedance the power will be down but the transform will be more relax

Latest posts

Back