4 Ohm speaker tap question...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like the way it sounds with the mismatch,I would say use it,a little added tube life aint a bad thing.

Daniel I don't/ didn't perceive that you were hijacking or attempting to hijack the thread. Didn't mean that at all.

What you posted is great and very interesting. And it should be tied to the info in this thread.
I simply thought if a new thread was started with a Subject related to The C+ it'd be easier for people to find it.
That ans the focus would be on the info as relates to a 60/100 C+
The info Carl posted could easily be quoted and put in a new thread.
What you have asked/ said and what Carl has posted is VERY relevant to the 60/100 C+ !!

igfraso said:
gts, dodger916:
It wasn't my intention to hijack the original thread.

I thought that, since we were talking about turns whithin the OT where the 8ohm tap is at the end of the winding (4200 ohm) while the 4ohm tap is somewhere between the begining and the end of the wiring (2100 ohm), maybe the relationship between power and impedance was relevant for the tone you get on each combination.

But now that I reread the original message and realized that Frank was talking about a DC-3, I quickly shut up and offer my apologies.

Sorry,
Daniel

Even tho Frank was talking about his DC-3,he referred to the 8ohm/4ohm/4ohm taps.I bought up the C+ because that is the only Boogie amp I have,and the outputs on both are the same,so actually I opened the window there.

Thank you, guys, for your support. :D :D
It is a pleasure to share some info and learn lots of new things from you all.

Back