4 OHM OR 8 OHM

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTTY

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

What ,if any , are the benefits of running my Roadster Head at 4 ohms rather than 8 ohms? I just picked up a Recto 4 x 12 cab and I have the option to run 4 or 8 ohm now and I am sure someone here would knows the answer.

Thanks

Scott

Oh by the way......"yep my amp is still working fine" ....lol

The recto cab has an 8 ohm mono input and 2 stereo 4 ohm inputs which are used to run each side of the cab separately when using a stereo amp. with the roadster you will want to run the 8 ohm out to the 8 ohm input. If you tried using the stereo inputs you would end up with a 2 ohm load which you do not want.

Also if you only hooked up one of your 4 ohm inputs you would only be running 2 of the speakers in the cab.

desertcj said:
by the way where are you located in phoenix?

Hey hows it going. Nice to meet a local Mesa guy. I live in Central Phoenix near 7th ave and Osbourne.

Scotty

Wow I am glad I ask cause I was going to run Two lead out of my Roadster both from thr 4 ohm jacks into the two 4 ohm inputs on the cab.

Thanks for the feedback !!!

Cool, My grandma lives a couple blocks south of 15th ave and Osbourne. I on the other hand live way out at 99th ave and Lower Buckeye. Do you play in any local bands?

Not right now my last band broke up labor day weekend and I have been laying low during the holidays. I think we talked one day via an internet add and you were looking for a guitarist. Are you the same guy? Are you still looking for a guitarist?

Scotty

Latest posts

Back