4 cable method boss gt8 w/roadster head... amazing!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The parallel loop pretty much sucks IMO. You should mod it to series if you have'nt already. Its easy & it works so much better.

And yeah, the effects sound quality isn't the greatest on the GT8. The Hardwire reverb sounds so freakin good but I dont want to lug more pedals and cables around. Plus with the GT8 I can program different reverbs with different patches or assigns. With the pedal I would have to reach down & change settings manually :roll:

ltd2recto said:
The parallel loop pretty much sucks IMO. You should mod it to series if you have'nt already. Its easy & it works so much better.

And yeah, the effects sound quality isn't the greatest on the GT8. The Hardwire reverb sounds so freakin good but I dont want to lug more pedals and cables around. Plus with the GT8 I can program different reverbs with different patches or assigns. With the pedal I would have to reach down & change settings manually :roll:

That is certainly the best part about the GT8 is the patch assignments. It's great to be able to have a nice tight dry rhythm mix and be able to switch to a spongy mix of delay, overdrive, noisegate, reverb, and compression in one press of a button. Not to mention the control over volume for individual patches is a very handy. IMO the GT8 is the best floor board pedal out there. To me it's amp mods are really tubey and realistic. Far superior to the GT6 and 10 as well as the Vox and Line 6's (ick..Line 6...do like their delay and chorus stompboxes though). Don't know if I want to do the mod. I'm pretty good with electronics and a sodering gun. However, I'm a little leary about tinkering with an expensive amp like that. Also, the nearest tech is like 150 miles away from me. Besides, at this point I love the sound I'm getting so much I'm kind of at the if it isn't broke, don't fix it position. But yeah, I don't understand why they would put a parallel loop on it in the first place...and the individual control knobs for the send and return have never been anywhere but 12 o'clock.

Latest posts

Back