3Ch DR and midi switching

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raggi73

Reaction score
Anyone using the Axxis CFX4 Control Function Switcher and a midi-foot controller to controll the mesa and effects?

My plan is to use it on my 3ch DR and a TC g-major. My controller is the Behringer FCB1010 (or something like that). Any experiences??

my friend has it on a 2ch dual rec and a POD, with floor board. Works like a charm! Flawless, fast, switching. Make sure the efx unit works with your recto first. You may need to switch to serial loop.

BUT, I believe the gmajor has channel switching...

I had MIDI switching on a Laney head (TT100) I had for about a year. It was awesome and so many applications, but seriously it turned out to be overkill. I feel so much better when I pare back to just clean, dirty, and solo options. If you're a guitarist in a cover band covering a LOT of different tones, then more power to you. Thank God for MIDI switching! But other than that, I am glad I now save myself the headache.

BTW The G Major is a great unit. I have one and love playing around with it even though I don't gig with it anymore.

Raggi73 said:
Anyone using the Axxis CFX4 Control Function Switcher and a midi-foot controller to controll the mesa and effects?

My plan is to use it on my 3ch DR and a TC g-major. My controller is the Behringer FCB1010 (or something like that). Any experiences??

I ran that exact setup with a Ground Control Pro as my controller and it worked REALLY well. I can definitely recommend the CFX4!

Raggi73 said:

That's my setup with the Roadster, works great. The CFX4 controls channels 1-4 on the head (with isolated outputs), and the G-Maj controls Loop & Solo. I even have the option of using one of the two switching relays in the FCB1010 to control reverb on the head as well.

The FCB1010/CFX4 price point is a winner too at $310 ($360 with Recto custom cable for CFX4).

Dom

Thanks for the reply. That settles it. I'm going for the Axxis unit.
I have done the Serial loop mod and it works great, but its go much to have two pedal boards to switch.

Thanks so much.

Raggi73 said:
Another question. Do I need 1 Custom-Multi-Din cable or 4 custom jack cables for my Rectifier?

No - You need standard instrument cables and that's is.
I too reccomend the axess stuff, no doubt! I use a GRX4 looper and a CFX4
switcher with my Roadsters and Road King. Works perfect!!

CJ

Hey Guys... I was thinking about this same thing for my DR. but I have two heads.. The DR and an Ampeg VL-502. I want to goto the G Major with the Behringer fcb1010 to control. How would I make that work with two different heads. I would like to be able to switch both amps from clean to dirty.. I dont need the 2 ch on the DR... useless to me.

Any thoughts. Is it possible to run Midi cable from the GMajor to the DR or from the FCB1010? I read about a DIY cable .. how do you make one of those?

Back