3 Channel Rectifier Owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMesa

Reaction score
What channel do you use the most of, for what kind of music, and why do you like that channel the best? Feel free to post settings :)

I prefer the 3rd channel on modern mode because I get a better attack out of my playing, and I play a heavy southern rock/metal.

i use channel 3 vintage tube/spongy for rythem and channel 2 in modern for leads. of course i play nickelback/default style rock and chicks dig me. :lol:

i'm a lot of the same. i use channel 2 in modern for heavier stuff and channel 3 in vintage for lighter rock/classic rock. i really like channel 2 in modern because it gives me a much better tone than channel 3 in modern. the sound guy at the gig we played last night said it was the best tone he's heard out of any band he's done sound for (which is a lot of bands). that was a nice little compliment. lol. but yeah. i use bold power with diode rectification usually.

awesome, yeah channel 2 in modern just sounds good to me. are you using an Lp classic ? the pickups in that beast sound sweet in the dual.

i have a gibson LP standard double cut, an epiphone les paul standard, and an epiphone slash signature series les paul with gibson p'ups in it (496R and '57 classic plus)

jtb226 said:
i'm a lot of the same. i use channel 2 in modern for heavier stuff and channel 3 in vintage for lighter rock/classic rock. i really like channel 2 in modern because it gives me a much better tone than channel 3 in modern. the sound guy at the gig we played last night said it was the best tone he's heard out of any band he's done sound for (which is a lot of bands). that was a nice little compliment. lol. but yeah. i use bold power with diode rectification usually.

what's your gain setting on channel 2? i currently have my channel 3 (modern) gain at 1 o'clock, but gonna try your setting since i feel that channel 3 is a little harsh sounding.

ok...settings. let's see if i remember these. lol. don't have my recto right here with me (it is at my parent's house while i'm at college) but i'll try to remember. channel 2, modern, bold/diodes. master output @ noon-1 o'clock.

presence: noon
channel vol: depends on how loud i need it. usualy @ 9 o'clock
gain: decently high. usually around 1-2 o'clock

The EQ is where i can't really remember that much, but i'll give it a shot.

bass: @ 1 or 2 o'clock i think
mids: @ 11 o'clock
highs: @ noon or 1

try that. i'm pretty sure that is close to what i'm using, but i can't exactly remember. so play with it a little and get what you like.

**EDIT** i forgot to mention that i don't have stock tubes in it. i have a mesa SPAX7 in V1, Groove Tubes ECC83s in V2-5, and JJ 6L6GC's in the output section. my rectifier tubes are regular mesa 5U4G's, but i use diodes anyway. these tubes have a HUGE impact on my tone.

Latest posts

Back