3 Channel Mesa Dual/Triple Rectifier Users - Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kaisereign said:
I have what I was told is a 2004 Triple Rectifier. Here is the info on mine to add to your records.

Rev: C+
Serial: R-0285xx
Brackets and "Loop Active" are present.
"TM" on front logo.

This is awesome info! Very helpful. You just extended our known serial number range for Rev C+ by almost 1500... 8)

I need to add your name to the "SPECIAL THANKS" section in the guide. Off to do that now...

JCDenton6 said:
I don't how far in the timeline this was done but with my (2nd) 2008 3ch Dual Recto, both gain pots measured at 100k instead of the aforementioned 250k, even with EMG 81's I had to max the gain at low volumes and ran it around 4:00 at band levels.

I remember another forum member R_ADKINS80's 3ch Triple also had 100k pots, it was either from same year as mine or 2006.
Mine came stock with the 440's, I didn't have the older one for long, most likely had the 430's in them.

When I played my first 3ch Recto back in 2002, it didn't sound like the one mentioned above, and I had the gain around 1:00 and it was enough.
I ran my 2ch Triple with the gain the same way, so this could be one of the main differences between early 3 channels and later ones (pre multiwatt)

I lost all of my pics in an HDD crash so I'm going off my experience with all 3 amps.

I'm back to being intrigued about the gain pot values. I have a Rev E on loan right now, serial number right around the R-040000 mark. The gain seems on par with the Rev C+ I'm A/B-ing with at the moment, which should have 250k pots. It's funny to think they would change the pot values within the same revision (Rev E) at some point. Sounds like it would have happened within the last 8000 - 10000 tops.

Is there anyone that can confirm they have (or confirm the serial of one they've had) that's a late 3 channel (non-multi watt) Recto with 100k gain pots instead of 250k?

I just picked up R-17433. It's a rev C+. TM on the front logo. No brackets or active loop lettering. Hopefully this adds to your info! Let me know if there any other specifics I can gather off the amp.

blazer986 said:
I just picked up R-17433. It's a rev C+. TM on the front logo. No brackets or active loop lettering. Hopefully this adds to your info! Let me know if there any other specifics I can gather off the amp.

Awesome! I think I saw that one when I was looking around... :mrgreen: I think you now have the earliest confirmed Rev C+, so that narrows down the serial numbers some!

I've been flipping a lot of these to document and test, and I still have a Triple at the moment that's a few hundred higher than yours. I don't recall the serial off the top of my head, but it's R-017880 or so. Somewhere in that range. Anyway, that one still has the 561140 PT in it, so I would assume that your does as well?

Silverwulf said:
blazer986 said:

Awesome! I think I saw that one when I was looking around... :mrgreen: I think you now have the earliest confirmed Rev C+, so that narrows down the serial numbers some!

I've been flipping a lot of these to document and test, and I still have a Triple at the moment that's a few hundred higher than yours. I don't recall the serial off the top of my head, but it's R-017880 or so. Somewhere in that range. Anyway, that one still has the 561140 PT in it, so I would assume that your does as well?

Yes, it does have the 561140 PT.

It's been a few years since I have had a rectifier (had a few tremoverbs in the past), so I was looking to get a 2-channel to fill the need. I saw the discussion about these early 3-channels being so different and was intrigued. I haven't had much time to play the amp, but my first impression has been that this is indeed different than the typical fizzy stereotype the later rectifiers get. Thanks for fueling my amp junkie tendencies :mrgreen:

blazer986 said:
Yes, it does have the 561140 PT.

It's been a few years since I have had a rectifier (had a few tremoverbs in the past), so I was looking to get a 2-channel to fill the need. I saw the discussion about these early 3-channels being so different and was intrigued. I haven't had much time to play the amp, but my first impression has been that this is indeed different than the typical fizzy stereotype the later rectifiers get. Thanks for fueling my amp junkie tendencies :mrgreen:

Awesome. That's what we're here for...empowering gear whores and inducing GAS... :mrgreen:

Wish I had my 2001 and 2005 still but that was years ago and have a 2015 MW now. As for the 2001 and 2005, from what I remember, they both sounded the same but I never did A/B them.

Not sure if anyone still cares, but I’ve got a Rev D. SN 294xx.
Transformers 56160, 562181. Choke 550381.
Pictures
https://flic.kr/p/2jDFoKV
https://flic.kr/p/2jDKFVN
https://flic.kr/p/2jDKFW4

Brentsp said:
Very cool did you just get it or trying to sell it?

Just bought it. I was looking for info in settings and found this thread. Any other Rev d’s?

Interesting that these 3 channel Rectos also had revisions. Guess it makes sense though.

I’m guessing the very early 3 channel rects were simply Rev G voiced extended out from the 2 channel series. And then revolved from there as Nu Metal took over. Anyone know which serial number Tremonti had? He swore by his 3 channel recto for years and said it sounded better than any 3 channel he’s played. Have to admit his did sound great. Since he’s an artist I would assume he would have an early revision. I think now he’s playing a Rev F 2 channel.

I just purchased a Triple Rectifier this week and have some info to share. Serial # R-01687X Rev C. P.T. 561140 O.T. 562181. I'm taking a wild guess the tubes are original and are Mesa STR 440 10AC Grey although one is possibly a replacement and 10AC Yellow. All Mesa pre-amp tubes except V1 is a Sovtek 12ax7wb marked 0011. I hope this helps with your history and thank you for your research.

I want to add something interesting I just found - a 3 channel 2rec serial R-050349. It's a non multiwatt, too. I assume Rev E but I also am not going to ask the guy to pull his chassis.

Awesome info all around here! Confirmed that Rev C+ ran at least from the 22000 - 27000 (ish) range. I would assume much longer, but we'll see. Interesting stuff!
Hi, I am new here. I just joined you guys in order to say this 22000-27000(ish) range explains the "3 rec C+ copyright 2000" printed on the PCB of my amp. 022178 is the number, I dont know if this helps you guys at all, but I really appreciate that you have pieced together the progression of these amps over time. I sure have learned a lot from reading your posts and hope to return the favor somehow. Thanks

Latest posts

Back