2x12Halfback vs. Marshall 1960

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citizen.one

Reaction score
Hi, until i've bought 2x12 halfback i had only 1960. There'r 2xEVM on top and 2xV30 on bottom. HB is loaded with some eminence speaker on bottom probably MS12, but im not sure, ihaven seen photo of this speaker, probably that vintage, or how is it called and celestion Black Shadow on top. You know, i like how halfback look like with my caliber 50+ (loaded with 5881 sovteks from 1985,you should try this, its really huge sounding,but these tubes are very rare and hard to find, and then some jjs, tungsol and exh tubes in preamp), i like that sound, but it just not so cool and heavy like 1960, probably its because of the speakers. Can you give me some advice how to setup that 2x12? I like it when i play alone, but in the band it doesnt sound good, i can hear it much more than 1960,but not so perfect sound.
Ive been thinking about get one more 2x12 HB, but its hard to find it here in europe. You know, i like mesa, i still hope i can get the huge sound of 1960 from this, probably ill try so put there my EVMs, its the sound i like. I also have my top closed from back, you think its better to open that?
btw. the 2x12 has bigger low freq sounds than 1960, i just cant understand,why i cant find the sound...
btw2. i desperately look for schematics of bass combo Acoustic 126,its very old, if someone know some address or have the scheme, please tell me, i just cant find it and some pages,where should it be, just dont answer me
sorry for grammar mistakes
thx a lot
m

btw3 if you have a photo of that eminence speakers (both types),that mesa used to put in their HB boxes,ill appreciate to put it here...

noone here owns 2x12 Halfback? ;(
just for sure, i'Ve les paul supreme...so the tone is punchy a lot...

and you also have 2x12? Im thinking about it, only EVM makes me feel good about sound, ive liked V30,but EVM is other category...the wattage of EVM have good reserves, so i probably wont break down the speakers...that eminence is very small weigh,so i dont think,that its 150w.
however, thx for opinion, what guitar/amp do you use?

Latest posts

Back