2X12 Cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRANK

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Long time Marshall owner new Solo50 owner. I am running my single rectifier through a Marshall 2X12 loaded with vintage 30's. I don't particularly want to by a new cab but I was wondering if you could tell me tell me what sort of differences I could expect with a Mesa 2X12 cabinet if any. I am in the military and stationed in northern Japan is why I ask. I would go and check this out for my self at the guitar shop but as there are none within 4 hours that’s out of the question. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

It will sound much larger than the Marshall, much more bass (though not as articulate) which if not EQ'ed right can give way to flabbiness. A recto cab is pretty much great with any rectifier and completes that sound perfectly

Hey KRANK, I am a new Solo 50 owner as well. I recently picked up the 2x12 Recto Cab and I am thrilled with mine. It really seems as though this cab is a match made in heaven for this head (as far as 2x12's go). I have played my head through an Avatar 2x12 & also a 2x12 that my buddy custom built and in my opinion they didn't do this head the justice that the Recto 2x12 does.

Is there something you are looking for specifically? If it's a much larger sound that you are after, (like Platypus said) you will definitely get it by going with the 2x12 Recto Cab. However, if it's a different tone you seek, you may want to try something with a different speaker as the 2x12 Recto Cab also is loaded with V30's like your Marshall. I have also seen many people on this forum like Guitarzan who are into the Genz Benz 2X12's. I haven't had the opportunity to try one myself.

nocluejimbo said:
Anybody used the new Stiletto 2x12?

I have the Roadster 2x12 which is basically the same. I really like it - not so bassy like a Recto 2x12.

RyanDM I bought the Solo 50 because I wanted the rectifier tone, as opposed to my DSL50 which just isnt quite getting the tone that I was looking for. It might be that I wasn't getting enough bass. So I will probably look into getting a recto cab. I guess the demensions must be different to get that amount of bass if they are running the same speakers as my Marshall. Just dont want to spend the money getting a cab all the way overhere if it's not going to be what I want. I appreciate all the inputs though.

Yah the Recto cabs are way overbuilt (in a good way). I believe it's 13 ply birch and somwhere around 1 inch thick (anyone chime in if I'm off on this). Mine is around 65 lbs. It really has a huge sound.

I have found that Recto 2 X 12's are a little hard to come by over the net. Does anyone have a recomendation on how to get one over to Japan. If it's under 75lbs I can get it shipped USPS priority mail. I got the Marshall over here so it should be possible. I just need to know how to find one. Also do all the recto cabs come with the option of running 3/4 or fully closed or is that a special option. And what would you reccomend. Thanks again.

I had mine shipped from L.A. to Orlando and the shipping on it said it was 80lbs, it may have been an overestimate though. I bought mine used and it only came with the fully closed back panel. I have talked to people before that said that when they purchased theirs new that it came with both a 3/4 back panel and also a full panel option. As far as finding them online --> I see them up on ebay & craig's list ofen.

Latest posts

Back