2ChDR Using effects-loop and ext. loop switch as solo boost?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vio-Lence

Reaction score
Hi there!

This is my first post, so hello to the board and some things about me: I am 28 years old, play guitar for 14 years and play boogie for almost 8 years now.

Currently I own an older 2Channel Dual Rectifier and I desperately need a good way to get my solos a little louder.

So, my specific question is: Is there a way of doing the following:
- bypass the effects loop (using a patch cable)
- fiddling around with the send/return-levels and the front panel knobs that affect the effects loop
- now use an external footswitch that triggers the effects loop on and off
- having two different volume levels as a result

This may sound confused cause I am confused, it's a serious (maybe dumb) question, though.

If this -- as I assume -- is not possible, is there a (preferrably simple) mod of adding a solo boost to the old rectifiers? The optimum would be two differrent master volumes that are switchable...

Greetings,
Kali

I actually am in the process of getting my Dual t-verb's FX loop modded from parallel to series so I can use a volume pedal or a boot pedal in the loop. That is how I did in on my Peavey XXX last year since it had the series loop. It's looks like a simple procedure, move a couple wires and put a different return jack in, but I think you loose the FX loop switching though which won't bother me.

I did get the schematics from boogie a couple of weeks to do the mod, but I wasn't comfortable doing it so I turned it over to a tube amp repair man and he is currently (taking his time) doing it. I cant wait to try it!!

Latest posts

Back