240 volts - New internal transformer vs Step Down?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work in the Middle East and the electricity here is 220V.
Talked to one of the Mesa customer service, they said you need at least 550W of step down transformer.

Have a Single Recto and there's no sound coming on CH1 and very low sound on CH2, they say that the transformer could be the issue.

wow. i never thought the "other green and yellow" country was that expensive :shock:

i sort of have the same problem here in Brazil, but worst . . here we have both types of energy. here in Rio is 110v and the other city that i also "lives" is 220V (only 120 kilometers away). . . summing up i never change the transformers on my amps, always take a step down when running in 220v.

Honestly, you should consider swapping before heading over to Australia. Parts and labour here are so expensive...

antunififi said:
I work in the Middle East and the electricity here is 220V.
Talked to one of the Mesa customer service, they said you need at least 550W of step down transformer.

I heard that the step-down transformer needs to be 3 times the amp electricity consumption.

Back