2022: MKV 90W Combos are arriving.....finally.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Rey

Reaction score
I finally got mine. Guitar Sanctuary in Mc Kinney, TX got six in on Monday.

Anyone else waiting on a new one this year get theirs?

.......and jeez what a dead *** forum.

Yeah, things around here can be pretty slow. Most people have been doing much of their posting on the chaotic Facebook groups, which I find to be much less than useful.

Anyway, I ordered a MkV 90W combo in November 2020 from Sweetwater, and it is just shipping now. Should be to me within a week, hopefully in the color I ordered.

I'm curious to see what people are thinking about the new transformers made by Schumacher. I don't know if they are still made in the USA or not. They seem to have bent steel bell ends, instead of the usually stamped steel many use.

tbonesullivan said:
Yeah, things around here can be pretty slow. Most people have been doing much of their posting on the chaotic Facebook groups, which I find to be much less than useful.

Anyway, I ordered a MkV 90W combo in November 2020 from Sweetwater, and it is just shipping now. Should be to me within a week, hopefully in the color I ordered.

I'm curious to see what people are thinking about the new transformers made by Schumacher. I don't know if they are still made in the USA or not. They seem to have bent steel bell ends, instead of the usually stamped steel many use.

As careful and meticulous as Mesa is with testing new components I'm not concerned about it. Mine (the amp chassis itself) has a 12/18/21 QC date on it. Sounds fine.

The JP2C and MKV 35 I just moved on also had late 2021 date on it. Both of those also sounded fine

I'm more concerned that Mesa fixed some of the issues I had been reading about over the years on the new production runs of the MKV 90W. Also curious to see how roadworthy this new MKV 90 will be long term.

I can only hope it's as dependable as my 30 yr old MKIV A. If it's half as dependable I'll be good.

Fortunately, this MKV is not insanely expensive compared to other amps I own.

One thing I'm still astonished about is how much the asking price is for the older Marks (IV and earlier).

Key word is "asking" price. Wonder how much the sellers are REALLY getting.

El Rey said:
One thing I'm still astonished about is how much the asking price is for the older Marks (IV and earlier).

There definitely has been a bunch of market manipulation shenanigans going on with the earlier Mark Series amps, particularly the Vaunted Mark IIC+ amps. Mark III and Mark IV amps are definitely up a bit, but nothing compared to the inflation I've seen with the IIC+ amps. Combined with the fact that for a while people couldn't get any new JP-2C or Mark V 90 amps, people went a bit nuts. Also seeing a LOT of people selling "mint" condition Mark IIC+ heads, which are almost always in brand new head shells from Mesa, a fact the sellers don't usually disclose.

tbonesullivan said:
El Rey said:

There definitely has been a bunch of market manipulation shenanigans going on with the earlier Mark Series amps, particularly the Vaunted Mark IIC+ amps. Mark III and Mark IV amps are definitely up a bit, but nothing compared to the inflation I've seen with the IIC+ amps. Combined with the fact that for a while people couldn't get any new JP-2C or Mark V 90 amps, people went a bit nuts. Also seeing a LOT of people selling "mint" condition Mark IIC+ heads, which are almost always in brand new head shells from Mesa, a fact the sellers don't usually disclose.

"shenanigans"....huh?

Sounds a little "VAUNTED" to me.

lol......!! (pause..I almost for to laugh)

Latest posts

Back