20/20 speaker loads

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tramp

Reaction score
Hi once again,

Just checking something I run a 20/20 into my trad 4*12 rectifier cab at 4 ohms a side stereo.....ie using the 4ohms out from the 20/20 into the 4ohm jacks on the cab.....stupid I know but is this the right/best way to run

It's just having reviewed a load of topics concerning loads on speakers/amps my brain is somewhat fried

Cheers chaps

Hi tramp,

The best way to run your cabinet is matching the proper load ohm between the power amplifier and the cab.

Sometimes you need to connect an amplifier to a non matched ohm cab. In this case, the cab ohm must be bigger than the power amplifier outputs.

yes, you can connect 20/20 stere out 4 ohm to a mesa cab with 2 input 4 ohm.

you can connect it in mono using the 8 ohm power out and the 8 ohm cab input

you can also connect the 4 ohm power amplifier out to a mono 8 ohm input cab.

Alway be sure that the proper impedence matched the proper out impedence from your power amplifier. always remember that your cab must be equal or superior to your power amplifier and respect the max load impedence.

pay attention: Cabinet ohm must be always high and not less.

DO NOT CONNECT A POWER AMP 8 OHM TO A 4 OHM CABINET. USE THE CORRESPONDING VALUE. You can damage you power amp. :wink:

ciao

Latest posts

Back