2 or 3 channel dual rectifier - which one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanzilla

Reaction score
Hi, I was waiting for my GC to get in a 3 channel dual rectifier and I went in there today and saw they had a 2 channel one.

I heard the 2 channel ones are better. Should I get it?

what are the differences? pros/cons? thank you.

this is a very subjective topic that has been discussed hundreds of times...

my personal opinion and taste goes for the 2channels. the older the better. the 3channels have much more versatility due to the pushed and raw modes, and obviously three channels. However their tone is very unclear to my ears. the opposite is true if you are talking about the clean tones. the newer rectos have the best cleans out of all of them. The older 2channels have rather weak cleans, but their distortion is top notch. Others here may agree or disagree. I've owned both models and will be selling my 3ch very soon. good luck!

I have not played a 2 channel yet, but I love the versatility of the 3 channel. It offers much more!

Really depends what you're looking for. If you're going to add pedals to the 2 channel for added versatility, you'll be losing tone there, so each has its drawnbacks.

I have the three channel Dual Rectifier and it is awesome!!!

I cant imagine the 2 channel sounding any better, but if it does it would have to be one hell of an amp to top the triple.

I really dont think you could go wrong either way. I chose the triple for the extra voice. So on that one I got = Clean - Rockin' & MONSTER!.....

imop....old 2channel. better dirt,,,,,need cleans? get a framptone head switcher and a fender imop

Prefer the two channel amps including the mark series. I just like simplicity. Don't like have to get rocket science degree to operate a guitar amplifier.

Latest posts

Back