2 Channel DR Rev. F Questions and Problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xthextruthx

Reaction score
Hi there,

i got a 2 Channel DR Rackmount from 1993, Rev. F. It's an US model, that made it over to Europe, where the OT got changed to a 220 V version.

So i would like now to completely renew the transformers - all to Mercury Magnetics. I got told that this is just not possible. BUT the amp runs good for more than 4 years now on an replacement transformer, that was obviously built for the Rev. G.

Any opinions or - even better - experiences if i can just upgrade that DR to MM transformers?

Thx guys.

xthextruthx said:
Hi there,

i got a 2 Channel DR Rackmount from 1993, Rev. F. It's an US model, that made it over to Europe, where the OT got changed to a 220 V version.

So i would like now to completely renew the transformers - all to Mercury Magnetics. I got told that this is just not possible. BUT the amp runs good for more than 4 years now on an replacement transformer, that was obviously built for the Rev. G.

Any opinions or - even better - experiences if i can just upgrade that DR to MM transformers?

Thx guys.
Welcome to the forum.

I think it would be best for you to ask the guys at Mercury Magnetics that question. I think the only problem you may have is the size of the transformers, there is not much room in that "Racktifier".

With that said, I have changed all the transformers in my Roadster to MM with zero issues. I actually had to send them my power transformer so they could make me one. I'm sure they could make anything you need.

Send an email to Patrick Selfridge. He helped me get what I wanted for my Roadster.
http://mercurymagnetics.com/pages/mainframe.htm

Good Luck,
Dom

Latest posts

Back