2:90 - Pulling Tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam3247

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a 2:90 and am expecting it in the mail. I'm quite excited as I've heard great things about its pairing with the Triaxis, which I also own. However, I've also heard that 90 watts per channel is quite a bit of power to use for many people, including myself. I've searched the forum and have not found a direct answer to a question I have: I've heard many individuals remove selected pairs of tubes from power amps in order to achieve a lower wattage. Due to the AB and A class nature of the 2:90, is there a way to remove tubes without significantly compromising the tonal characteristics of the amp?

Thanks everyone,

Adam

Im sorry but why manuals do exist ?

2.90 half voice , 45 watts per channel.

If 90 watts is too loudy go for half voice.
luck

Switching to half voice means you will lose functionality of the deep and modern modes. If there's a way to remove tubes, you can still use the three voicing options.

adam3247 said:
Switching to half voice means you will lose functionality of the deep and modern modes. If there's a way to remove tubes, you can still use the three voicing options.

No you dont.
I use half mode + modern mode .
The sound is the same if Im not using the half mode,of course its louder.

Back