2:90 Arrived! Shouldn't it be louder???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my favourite is also the intellifex, but beware with the hush and loop effects there is a bad issue with serial or parallel loop fx. There is a latency between the two signals summed, when the hush is set to post. So i recomend not to use the hush digital fx and get an original rocktron analog hush with real VCA

I wish I could just fix my gmajor. Other than this problem it's never acted up before. I may consider looking into a Rocktron if I can't fix it.

Thanks guys

fatboy135 said:
my favourite is also the intellifex, but beware with the hush and loop effects there is a bad issue with serial or parallel loop fx. There is a latency between the two signals summed, when the hush is set to post. So i recomend not to use the hush digital fx and get an original rocktron analog hush with real VCA

I will tell you something that I never saw here.
Oh lets say that hush is what you said.But in a live situation dont tell me your ears can notice that difference !
Sometimes we cant here our sound the way we want it on the stage so hush on the stage is a better choice than no hush.
For recording i ll never use hush cause noises at the end of a take I simply delete.
So why I will buy a hush like you said if on a stage I ll never notice that difference ?
I dont know if I made myself clear but I think you got it.

First, SOMBRA, you are absolutely wrong regarding the G Major. It blows away any processor from Rocktron hands down. I know cause I've had them all, Xpression, Intellifex, G Major and now the G Force. You do need to know what you are doing with them

For one, these effects should not go in the loop of the TriAxis...sounds horrible.

As for the original poster of this thread...it sounds to me like your global out level somehow got inadvertently reduced.

I had this same issue...and sure enough, the global out lvl was set pretty low. I am talking about the G Major

"I wish I could just fix my gmajor. Other than this problem it's never acted up before. I may consider looking into a Rocktron if I can't fix it."

I suspect if you go with one of those Roctron units, which suck major tone, in my opinion...and the quality of the effects are not anywhere near the qualitiy of the TC, you will not like it.

I'm sure most here will flame at my comments...but I believe that there are those from the Lexicon camp who will hate the TC sound...and vice versa

And then there are those who have become used to the cheap Rocktron sound and will defend their choices.

My recommendation is that if your G Major is acting up, find a G Force don't downgrade to a Rocktron.

I will tell you something that I never saw here.
Oh lets say that hush is what you said.But in a live situation dont tell me your ears can notice that difference !
Sometimes we cant here our sound the way we want it on the stage so hush on the stage is a better choice than no hush.
For recording i ll never use hush cause noises at the end of a take I simply delete.
So why I will buy a hush like you said if on a stage I ll never notice that difference ?
I dont know if I made myself clear but I think you got it.
the matter is that I don´t recomend to you use the hush of intellifex in a parallel loop fx, I also have another pure analog hush of rocktron build up with real analog VCA and there is a night and day difference.
If you can avoid the intellifex hush and you don´t really need it, the best thing is to turn off the hush or just change it to the pre option.

I believe that there are those from the Lexicon camp who will hate the TC sound...and vice versa

And then there are those who have become used to the cheap Rocktron sound and will defend their choices.

hey dude I belongs when I was younger and a 200 bpm JP fan a mega rac with a lexicon pcm80, and a gforce, for 4 years, then I sold them, I get into an intellifex because I need to reduce my space and I don´t really need so many fx. I get an intellifex, I sold it a month ago after 3 years with it, and now I decided not more digital fx, I´m using only the triaxis, an axess and a few pedals.
With that little biography I could argue that gmajor is a great piece of ****, for a triaxis player, don´t collapse the triaxis sound with a big ****, If you want to play a digital multfx, go for a real multifx, gforce, fireworx, lexicon pcm80 but never a gmajor. A gmajor could be perfectly for a 20 years valvestate guy. But I think that if you jump to premiere league with a triaxis, all the rest of your equipment must be done for that purposes, forget all in one cheapest multifx for little boys, and save enough money for a real man multifx

fatboy135 said:
If you can avoid the intellifex hush and you don´t really need it, the best thing is to turn off the hush or just change it to the pre option.

I have to disagree with you when you said -If you can avoid the intellifex hush and you don´t really need it -

Yes I do really need it when I am on the stage with my cabs miked,when I finish to play something and turn down myy guitar s volume, all noise that comes from triaxis heavy sounds will go to the P..A.
Everybody will hear your barbecue !!
Hush close the gate and no noise will go to P.A.
Unless you dont care about the P.A. noise , I care .

fatboy135 said:
so if you need a noise gate like hush, I recomend to you take the original hush unit of rocktron with VCA, the digital implement of hush inside intellifex, is not as good as analog VCA

Yes but what I was trying to say is I will not spend more money and more rack stuff to carry cause on the stage using intellifex hush OR the one that you said will not cause any difference to my ears .
Even if intellifex hush suck a little beat of my tone, on the stage I ll never notice it.
got it ?

A gmajor could be perfectly for a 20 years valvestate guy

Clearly the G Force is superior to the G Major, that's why I upgraded to it. However, sonically, they're indistinguishable...the G Force just has more capabilities and is built better. So if one does not like the G Major and loves the G Force, then it can't be because of sound quality...IMHO

So if one does not like the G Major and loves the G Force, then it can't be because of sound quality...IMHO[/quote]

Are you crazy ?
Obivious it is because of sound quality !
Why do you think one cost 400 dollars and other 1200 dollars ?
Because your ears cannot hear the difference it doesnt mean that they sound the same,its impossible.
Maybe tc put these different prices just for fun,hello .
laughs
Open your ears

Latest posts

Back