1x12 or 2x12 Dyne??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomahawk90

Reaction score
I am looking to get an Electradyne. Any thoughts as a 1x12 or 2x12 combo. which would you get??

I have a 2x12 combo. Sounds awesome. Mine came with V30s which
to my ears, is a great tone. YMMV.

Oh yeah.....it's like carrying a Volkswagon around weight wise. Eat your Wheaties.

I wanted a 2x12 until I played the 1x12 that I bought. It has ballz without the extra weight. BUT I'm thinking of adding a 1x12 extension for bigger auditoriums and outdoor gigs.

Honestly, I think the 1x12 does a great job of getting the ED's sound out there. Sounds huge, has plenty of low-end and punch, but weighs less than the 2x12. I haven't ever tried a 2x12, but with the weight that the 1x12 already has, I wouldn't want to lug around the extra weight. I just don't see how the sound could improve enough for that to be worthwhile.

tubby_cosmos said:
Honestly, I think the 1x12 does a great job of getting the ED's sound out there. Sounds huge, has plenty of low-end and punch, but weighs less than the 2x12. I haven't ever tried a 2x12, but with the weight that the 1x12 already has, I wouldn't want to lug around the extra weight. I just don't see how the sound could improve enough for that to be worthwhile.

I own a 2 X 12 and while I agree there isn't a significant difference in projection as compared to the 1 X 12, I like to combine different speakers. That is one advantage with the 2 X 12.

The 2 X 12 doesn't seem to be any louder than the 1 X 12 either. As far as miking which speaker in a combination setup, that would be up to the individual. I also own a matching 2 X 12 extension cab. One would think there would be a very noticeable jump in volumn, but the difference was definitely not noticeable.

Very happy with the 1x12. If you are even thinking of the 2x12 consider a separate head and cab.

I used to have a 2X12 Lonestar and now I have a 1X12 Dyne.... The Dyne is every bit as loud (or LOUDER) than the LSC 2X12!

Try out the head version . Think about all the cab options/choices you will have . It will be easier to move since the weight will be distributed between two pieces .

Latest posts

Back