1997 Dual Rectifier with Schumacher transformers?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Reaction score
I have a Dual Rectifier that is serial number R-008822 and dated March 1997 inside. Looking from the back, the transformer on the left is labeled "EIA606" and the speaker outputs are 8-16, 8-16, 4, and 4. Doesn't that indicate it has a Schumacher transformer? Isn't that odd for a 1997? BTW, I can't find any writing on the other transformer.

Here's some more info on the amp:

-Chrome treadplate
-Black chassis
-Black tolex
-Big logo
-Attached power cord

Just wondering if this amp is anything "special" with this combo of features?

I'm pretty sure all the Dual Rectifiers have Schumacher Transformers in them. The big deal is that the early Duals (Up to Rev F (c.a. '93) had Mark III trannies (Schumacher) and the some Rev Fs (such as mine) and the Rev Gs had a Mark IV tranny. (Schumacher)

2 channel Rectos sound awesome.

Thanks, fellas. I was reading this page:

http://oxyde.clan.free.fr/dualrectifier.htm

...and it made it sound like not all came with Schumacher transformers. Also, it mentions how revision G (which I'm guessing mine has to be) should have 16/8/4 speaker jacks, yet mine has 8-16/8-16/4/4 jacks.

Oh yeah that website has been discussed before on here. There are a few inconsistencies, and some people *COUGH*silverwulf*COUGH* have more complete information, but have to release the information yet. :wink:

Chad said:
Thanks, fellas. I was reading this page:

http://oxyde.clan.free.fr/dualrectifier.htm

...and it made it sound like not all came with Schumacher transformers. Also, it mentions how revision G (which I'm guessing mine has to be) should have 16/8/4 speaker jacks, yet mine has 8-16/8-16/4/4 jacks.

Yeah, that's totally wrong. My Rev G. had the same speaker configuration as yours. My serial was 6198...same transformer codes also.

Back