1995 triple rectifier tube help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sroyboyk

Reaction score
I just got the amp shipped to me. All the tubes were removed. Is there any thing I should know about putting the tubes back in? Is it ok to touch the glass part of the tube? Tips and advice greatly needed. Thank you in advance.

The glass is ok to touch--the only thing that is not ok to touch the glass on is a hallogen light bulb. The only things to really be concerned with when installing the tubes is to bend in the retainer rings in that are mounted around the tube socket to keep the tubes seated and to make sure that the key on the center plastic post in the middle of the pins lines up with the slot in the tube socket. Other than that just make sure the amp is disconnected from the wall power before you start. Hope this helps! :wink:

Hmm? The power tubes are arranged in pairs: 1-2-3-3-2-1. Hopefully, the seller kept the pairs paired! If not, reference the color code, that'll be about as close as you can guess! With the smaller pre-amp tubes: one may be different, a SPAX7-A, this would be your 1st pre-amp tube, or the one closest to the guitar input! Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back