1992 Dual Rec, not in the 500 though Chrome chassis black

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy14

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-Mesa-Boogie-Dual-Rectifier-Blackface-Chrome-Chasis_W0QQitemZ300111230264QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He's saying it si a '92. The serial says more likely '93. I am guessing Rev. F.

FWIW, I spoke to the guy. He said he'd go $1,350.00 shipped. He seemed like a decent person. Seems clean and worth it if someone is looking. I'm buying another tomorrow or I might go for it. I know of another (#R0522) for sale as well in mint condition for $1,500.00, another very nice person - no affiliation here though.. He said it had the original tubes.

It would be interesting to see what trannies are in the 522. It might be another extension of the pre500 class. We already know 503 is.

Look at the Serial number and you can tell immediately if you are in the pre500 class. You can do some quick checks though to determine whether to even ask though when buying online. Look for a serial effects loop (one knob not two) and an attached power cord. That will get you at least a Rev. F. That puts you in somewhere around '93 at least if not older. After that, you ask what the serial number is. I would include a small logo as criteria but some have changed out their headshells and are kind of misleading unless you see the backpanel and ask about the serial number.

Great, I am familiar with most of that criteria, but what about the transformers? How are they ID'ed? What would I be looking for there in terms of being more desirable/collectable? You said #R503 debunked the myth.. how?

I'm the seller of this amp and I actually called Mesa when I bought it regarding the date. They said it was definitely made in 92'

That is interesting because I know of an amp that was built 1/93 that has a serial in the low 1100's.

Just bought the amp :D . I was curious about the date of it also, so I called Mesa and was told it could have been from 92 or 93, but I got the impression more towards a 93. Either way I can't wait to get it. I'll let you know how it sounds. My guess it's a Rev-F, but I'll find out for sure once I get it. I already have the 3 ch. version from 2001, but from all the great sounding clips I have heard from the earlier 2ch. DR's, I had to take the plunge, everything I have read on 'em, has been very positive. I've been keeping my eyes on the them for a while trying to be patient, so it's sorta like Christmas.

Congrats on the new amp. I bought a DR Chrome chassis off of ebay 2 weeks ago. The serial number is around 019xx. Can't wait to get it.

i have #726 dated 10/92 rf1f board if that helps any,,you are going to love that amp!!CONGRATS! :D

AmpliFIRE said:
I'm the seller of this amp and I actually called Mesa when I bought it regarding the date. They said it was definitely made in 92'

Hey Paige, how come i didn't see you post this on the SPAM thread on HCAF?

Thanks guys :) . VoodooChild, when you get yours, check to see what revision yours is, I'd be interested in knowing. Post some pics too :wink:

Ok, here we go. It is a Revision F (RF-1F) with Output Transformer code 562105, EIA606-401. Power Transformer 561136, EIA606-242. Choke is 550381, EIA606-302. And it is was made in '93, it was marked on the PCB with date of 2-11-93 along with a mark on the underside of the chassis of 3-93. So there you go, I'll post pics tomorrow.

So there was a power transformer change between F and G. Interesting...

you mean output transformer...really interesting.my 11/92 r0812 still has the pre500 output tranny.

Latest posts

Back