1990 Mesa Boogie Cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just popped the backs off, and the speakers inside are:

2 Black Shadow MS-12s - 150 watts each at 8 ohms (upper pair)

2 Celestion G12-65s - 65 watts each at 8 ohms (lower pair)

There are 2 jacks on the lower panel also.

Sounds like someone performed an 'EV-ecomy'! Probsbly sold the organs for a profit too!!

Ive seen a lot of Half-Back cabs like this. Guys leave the visible Mesa speakers in (usually Eminence or Celestion C-90s) and flog off the EVs for a good price, then sell the cab as an original spec Mesa hoping no-one will take the back off.

I just bought myself a 1981 Mark IIB head with reverb and EQ (serial# K11_) on eBay. The reverb tank is currently missing, but the circuitry is present. So far, I've picked up BOTH the OEM Rhythm/Lead AND EQ/REV footswitches on eBay as well. I now only need the reverb tank, the reverb tank lid, the reverb tank wiring harness, the reverb tank mounting kit, ONE single hold-down screw and grommet for the amp chassis that goes thru the top of the amp box (there are only 3 out of 4 currently there) and the aluminum bar across the back that guards the tubes. I'm debating re-tubing with OEM Boogie tubes (It's currently sporting Sovtek WXTs, and I'm thinking I'd like to hear that 100% Boogie sound). Here's a picture...

TBA

halfstack.jpg

Back