1979 Mark II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjae

Reaction score
How much are 1979 original Mark IIs worth? Assuming good condition.

Thanks,
jae

I am not an expert, but i think the price may depend a lot on the options. MarkIIa could be bought with:

- 60W o 100W power output.
- Optional Graph eq
- Optional Reverb
- Figured wood cabinet
- Combo or head

I guess thet depending on the specific configuration the amp will cost more or less.

I can't put an accurate $ on it. Maybe under $1K. From my personal experience, I bought a used 60/100 no eq, no rev beat to living **** for $500. I had to strip the tolex and sand down the bare wood stain it, then send the guts to Mesa where I spent another $500 to clean it up. I also spent $110 to recone the EV12L. All tallied obviously I'm in deep, but I love this amp and can't see selling it in the near future.

ic...
there is a 1979 original Mark II combo 60Watter with reverb on craigslist listed for 575$. I'm debating on whether I should get it or not.....I have a roadster that is plenty enough but the thought of owning a vintage boogie.....hmm :shock:

That would classify as a steal. Even if it needs work, you still have a classic amp. This becomes very subjective territory but the IIA is such a neat amp. When I compare it to my III I find the cleans more open with a very nice top end ring. The Lead is less compressed then the III and hence I think has less articulation. On my III the lead channel is more responsive to pick attack. The IIA lead is less compressed and raw with a unique voice.

i'm curious as to what makes the difference between a MKIIA at 600$ and a MKII C+ at 2700$?

Can't tell you since I've never played through a C+. If it is actually worth the difference tonally with each dollar increase there is a direct correlation to tonal satisfaction, I believe my head would explode into pieces.

http://www.fatsoundguitars.com/store/index.html

Go to the used and vintage amp section and scroll down a bit....that ones smokes. It's in my buddy's shop up the street.

I've pay for mine 450$ (about 300€) which was a chassis only (no head shell, no combo shell). The model is a 60W, eq, no reverb. It is in quite a good shape for a 30 years old amp.

It only needed tube replacement.

I still own a 27 year old Boogie Mark II with a 12" EV. Been using it onstage 2to 3 nights a week since 1987. Always been in a roadcase. I change all the tubes once a year, it's amazing. Whats it worth..?? Would'nt take less than 5 grand for mine.

Latest posts

Back