1978 Mark I Rear Panel Questons

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackBart

Reaction score
I recently acquired this 1978 Mark I and it sounds great. I have a couple questions about the rear panel -

1. There's a switch on the right hand side conneting the a resistor network. Does anyone know exactly what it's accomplishing?
MesaResistorNetwork_zpsd342cbd6.jpg

2. What is the jack above the Slave jack used for?
MesaMarkIRearPanel_zps63a1cc05.jpg

Thanks in advance!

If I'm not mistaken, the jack above the Slave is the Preamp Return; which can be used in conjunction with the Junction jack on the bottom of the chassis with a volume pedal as an overall Master Volume for the amp. This feature is only on the Mark I and early Mark II's; the link below will explain it all...

Happy tone hunting!

http://thegenerationofmusic.wordpress.com/2012/03/17/guitar-how-to-the-mesa-boogie-mark-iiaiib-ultimate-master-volume-pedal-trick/

I had the amp serviced and asked the tech about the resistors - they change the bias to cathode.

BlackBart said:
I had the amp serviced and asked the tech about the resistors - they change the bias to cathode.
That switch looks like it just puts the cathode resistors in the circuit.What shuts the neg bias voltage?I put a switchable cathode/fixed circuit in my IIC+ and needed a switch that had to perform 3 seperate functions,the one is your amp only does one.

stokes said:
BlackBart said:
That switch looks like it just puts the cathode resistors in the circuit.What shuts the neg bias voltage?I put a switchable cathode/fixed circuit in my IIC+ and needed a switch that had to perform 3 seperate functions,the one is your amp only does one.
Does anybody know if this is this a factory install or a mod?

Latest posts

Back