1977 MK 1 Some questions....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogie-boy

Reaction score
Hi !
I just got my hands on another original MK 1. I have a "plain" 76 Super sixty from before, and the new one is a 77 with EQ and Reverb.

The reverb is a bit strange though. There is no bag, it is fastened to the back panel, and the sound is short and thin compared to my other boogies. The only one I have heard sounding something like it was an early Studio 22 I had some years ago. We all know they are not that good when it comes to reverb.... I would apreciate any views on the subject...

The Pilot Lamp has also gone west. There is light, but the orange top is gone. Is there replacements to get anywhere ?

Thanks !

Stian
Norway

Hi Stian.
I have an original '77 Mark I 100 W with EQ and reverb.
I sent it to Mike Bendinelli (maybe a little expensive in your case, shipping it back and forth from Norway) for a complete overhaul.
The reverb sounds very good and, now, even the EQ is more useful after Mike placed it forward in the sound chain.
Regards
Daniel

Hi !
Sending it to MB would have been nice, but understandably out of the question. ...

How is your reverb-pan mounted ? Do you have any numbers etc... ?
I wonder if the pan might be a replacement, but I do not know if they simply made it this way at the time ?

Stian

It has no bag and it is fixed to the bottom panel like in all Mark heads.
I don't see any numbers but, if I find any, I will let you know.
Regards
Daniel

Stian,
there is an ink stamp on the bottom side that reads 9AB2AIB, or something similar. I cannot read it very well.
It is an Accutronics and it seems to say OEM (although I am not totally sure).

I forgot to mention that the reverb tank in my MarkI has a lever to prevent the springs from moving during transportation.
The reverb tank in my MarkIIA does not have that lever. It is similar to the Mark III reverb tanks.

Hope everything is OK with you and your family after these tragic events of yesterday.
Best regards
Daniel

Hi Stian,
Try any of the european Mesa distributors for the pilot - U might get lucky.
Faing that, I am about to order some from a Solico distributor in US - the leads are shorter for the rear connection but the light assembly is a direct replacement.
Dave

Back