16 ohm Hotplate/Stiletto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What cab are u using? You would need two 8 ohm speakers in series to get 16 ohms for a 2x12. Or for a 4x12 you could do 2 16ohm speakers wired in series and then wire those in parallel with 2 more 16 ohm speakers in series. 1x12 would of course require 1 16ohm speaker.

Just put a speaker cord from the 16ohm output on the stiletto to the "input from amp" on the hotplate. Then connect a speaker cord from the speaker output on the hotplate to the 16ohm input on the cab.

Plugging a 16 ohm hotplate into the 8 ohm output is a safemismatch and will be fine.

No, they have two 4 and two 8 ohm jacks.

Here is some relevant information from the product manual:

These are the Speaker Outputs for connecting your cabinet(s) of choice. Your Stiletto is not very sensitive to impedance
mismatching and therefore we encourage experimentation with regards to speaker loads. You may feel free to try an 8 Ohm
load on the 4 Ohm jack or a 16 Ohm load on the 8 Ohm jack as you may discover a characteristic that the mismatched load imparts
on the sound that is desirable.

When I said "I don't think they do"... I was meaning in the context of "I don't think they have a 16 ohm jack" :roll: sry

parsky1 said:
When I said "I don't think they do"... I was meaning in the context of "I don't think they have a 16 ohm jack" :roll: sry

I was replying to ValveHeavyTone, sorry I should have quoted him for context.

Back