16 ohm Cab with the Mark V ???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
The Mark V is here!

Now, the question... My 4x12 w/ Vintage 30's is a 16 ohm cab (with the 8 ohm stereo input). I am assuming that I still plug into the 16ohm MONO input and just use the 8ohm output on the amp???

I know the manual says that its OK, but I'm hesitant. And I have heard that it can change the tone... How much?

shogun said:
i ran mine like this up until a week ago, it sounded great

And then you switched to a 8ohm cab?

How did the sound change?

Were you using the same speakers in both cabs?

i was usein 1 16ohm cab for a while it gave it a bit more compressed feel to my ears. But when i hooked up my other cab its just a whole nother ball game

Hendog said:
The Mark V is here!

Now, the question... My 4x12 w/ Vintage 30's is a 16 ohm cab (with the 8 ohm stereo input). I am assuming that I still plug into the 16ohm MONO input and just use the 8ohm output on the amp???

I know the manual says that its OK, but I'm hesitant. And I have heard that it can change the tone... How much?

Run two speaker cables out of the four ohm outputs into the eight ohm inputs on the cab. This would be a correct match at four ohms.

I switched to an 8ohm recto cab, from an orange cab.. and the recto is not what i am looking for, in terms of a lead tone.. I got it because its much easier for me to lug.. it really was getting annoying to haul the giant orange cab EVERY DAY from place to place.. gahhh.. i'm waiting for a stiletto 212

why would u sell ur orange cab they are the best cabs ever. Exspecially after u mod them with foam.

too much to lug-- if it had wheels it would have been doable.. its tough to be rushing to get ready for a rehearsal, running a big cabinet out to the car (over sheets of ice and snow).. the recto is not what i'm looking for in terms of a lead tone, but has wheels.. the stiletto cab is for me

Get 2 2x12 Orange cabinet then. They are 28 kilos each vs the 4x12 which is 50 kilos.

I agree with Pathos. The Orange cabinets are the best. I have 2 4x12s plus 2 Mitchell 4x12s. Though I think the Oranges sound better with my Marshalls, than my Boogies.

Latest posts

Back