110V to 220V conversion, Help?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markus66

Reaction score
Greetings. I just moved overseas with my Mark V. Issue, 120 V vs 220 v. the local dealer/distributor says he can't help but can I could buy a new Mark V off him. Nice idea esp as they cost 50% more here. I don't want to lugg a transformer around. Anyone had any experience with changing the internal transformer/knows what needs to be done to run it on 220v?

Many thanks for any help,
Markus

Take the amp to a decent tech but get the schematics of the amp first. Good luck.

You need to have an export power transformer installed. The Mark V and the Lonestar Classic have essentially the same one, so if you can acquire either one, and have somebody install it for you, you'll be in good shape. The bells will need to be swapped, though, since the Mark V has a stand-up PT, and the LSC has a thru-chassis PT. You could also get one custom wound for you.

The MKV transformer should have primaries for 100,117,220,230 & 240V operation, as well as the "Variac Power" primary. It should have a 345V CT'd secondary for B+, a 14V secondary for the DC heater supply, a 5V secondary for the rectifier filament, and a 3.1V CT'd secondary for the AC heater supply.

Latest posts

Back