110V to 220V conversion, Help?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markus66

Reaction score
Greetings. I just moved overseas with my Mark V. Issue, 120 V vs 220 v. the local dealer/distributor says he can't help but can I could buy a new Mark V off him. Nice idea esp as they cost 50% more here. I don't want to lugg a transformer around. Anyone had any experience with changing the internal transformer/knows what needs to be done to run it on 220v?

Many thanks for any help,
Markus

I did it with a Roadster. I chose to have a tech doing a custom transformer in order to get it working instead of buying a transformer in a store. I gave him the specs of the amp and he did it accordingly. Never had a problem and I was able to get it for about 50 €, which is less than the 300 € or so that costs an original transformer from Mesa...
The downside... it was heavy! But not so heavy that I would look back to that plastic transformers in stores.

So, it's easy and it works, given that you have the right person to do a custom transformer. ;)

Back