10 yr old Triaxis/2:90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Scotsman

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a 10 yr old Triaxis and 2:90. Both have been retubed once a year regardless of use and are said to be in good condition and prefect working order. Is there anything else I need to consider when buying these other than condition of tubes? If the tubes are good then is this all I should be concerned with? Thanks

you should do some research about the different versions, and what is different about each. ask for the serial number, and find out what specs it is. eg it may or may not have the fat mod, or it might be a version 1 or 2. things like that. also make sure all the display lights are working, the knobs are all there, and all the mode lights and switch lights work. i guess those are small things, and wont affect the tone of the unit, but those are just some things to watch out for

Not more than 800$, think that triaxis has much failures than other amps and repairs are a bit expensive because it´s hard to work with it. With 10 years I´m sure that it has some components begging for a replace, so don´t waste so much on the triaxis

The guy is asking for $1500 for both the triaxis and 2:90. I have seen pictures and all the LED's are functioning correctly and the triaxis is a verion 2 WITHOUT phat mode (which I am told is unnecessary when using the 2:90 with it as it makes it sound muddy. Correct?????) he gear looks very clean and well looked after. What other components could require replacing?

My triaxis is one of the first V.2 so that makes it old (i'm sure one of you guys could tell me .........and it's working just dandy no issues....

well there are two classical problems with triaxis, the digital environment and the optoacopleurs, both of them are easy to repair but demands a lot of hours to isolate the trouble and another bunch of hours to work inside it, think that inside it there is all totally zipped

tramp said:
My triaxis is one of the first V.2 so that makes it old (i'm sure one of you guys could tell me .........and it's working just dandy no issues....

What's the serial number on yours, so I can compare it to the one I might buy? Cheers

It's around the 1700 mark but I'll have to look tomorrow as the wife will beat me if I get my rig out now and start looking............ I'll look tomorrow....

take care mate

tramp

fatboy135 said:
Not more than 800$, think that triaxis has much failures than other amps and repairs are a bit expensive because it´s hard to work with it. With 10 years I´m sure that it has some components begging for a replace, so don´t waste so much on the triaxis

Not likely, as a new Triaxis today is nearly $1800 new....So I would say if the unit has been well maintained, you could pay up to $1000 -- and consider it an excellent buy.

$800 for the TA is considered to be below market and a steal -- they do show up very very infrequently for that price.

My S/N is 1638 (so guess made about 14 years ago) and is a V.2 I imagine without the fat mod but as usual someone here would be able to tell me!

And as I said it works just dandy!

Tramp

Latest posts

Back