1 Year old Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevycat

Reaction score
I am not going to have any birthday party for my Mark V Combo, but it is going to be 1 year old on 12/09/10. So I figured I would share what I have learned about this amp with you.

1.) It's still as good looking as the day I got it, stay at home amp.
2.) The 1x12 combo speaker is getting a little more open, I don't play loud.
3.) Discovered that one of 6l6 tubes glowes brighter then the other three, whatever that
might mean.
4.) I am not sure I have dialed in all the amp has to offer still, but I keep learning.
5.) Found that changing the v1 and PI preamp tubes does help shape the tone of the amp,
depends on what you put in those positions, currently for the better.
6.) The combo can sound one way up close and different when listening away, makes life fun
when your trying to dial in your sound.
7.) Found a screw sticking out about a half inch or so behind the power tubes, called mesa
and they stated its a user adjustable screw for cabinet vibrations.
8.) I am still wondering how this amp would sound with an extension speaker cab hooked
up to it, on my list of thing to get.

If you dont play it loud then you definately haven't experienced all the amp has to offer.

It is pretty amazing with the output close to noon.

Hendog said:
If you dont play it loud then you definately haven't experienced all the amp has to offer.

It is pretty amazing with the output close to noon.

+10. i brought the hog with me to the company christmas party tonight and she did well. no micing at all.

Nice post. I have found that the amp sounds just as good on 10w mode with low master volume, as it does balls deep in a large venue!

Ive got some realyl good low volume tones that Im in love with, mostly lead type tones.

Good observations!!! Im gonna start messing with the V1, V2, V3 tubes.. (lke i need to F@$% around with more S@%&!!!!)

:lol:

Back