zorran setting

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marko

Reaction score
i was searching for some sound clip and i found many people talking about zorran. i gave it a try and wow!! this is the tone i want to achieve. after some search, i couldt find his setting. is it a secret :wink: or someone can tell me??
thanx
marko

Here's an old thread in which he posted his settings:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1546128

The pictures might not show up. If not I'll try and send them to you.

And here's an email he sent:

thanks for the kind words for the mark IV , id say generally experiment with the 'v'shape.have the 750hz slider about the first line from the bottom, the 80hz one on the first line from the top, 2000hz about the mid line, and the 5000hz above the mid line. prescence knob pushed in on 5, and the lead bass all the way down. that should help

Here's some more I found :)

As far as recording goes on that clip,i used an LTD h201 emg 81 through my mark IV with the gmajor in the loop through a genz benz 2x12 (a killer 2x12 with the mark IV) and 2 tracks of an ibanez sz 320 with a duncan JB.dean markley 13-56s in drop C.

Micd up with a studio projects c1 through a behringer mic200. yes, a behringer.
to my audiophiles 2496 card. recorded in nuendo 2.i do believe it is the condenser that lets you get that a more in your face sound at lower levels. i didnt use any plugins on those guitars, just blended them in with each other.

as for eq, its generally the V shape. although people say scooping is bad etc, the mark IV on a flat eq sounds like a car horn. gotta take some of them mids out..i hardly ever let the 750 hz slider move above the very bottom marker. the 80hz slider for that song was a wee bit over half, the second slider really close, and very last slider was a bit over half as well. and the 2nd to last slider from the right, was a centimetre or so below it.
both my gains were pulled. and the bass and mids taken out from the pre eq section. rreble on 9. prescence was on 1 or 2.

bear in mind that these setting wont work on most other cabs..the genz benz was distinctive. on a regular cab (like my current mesa std with v 30s) , the 80 hz and 6600 hz sliders are alot higher, and the prescence knob is about 5.

to get a thick kinda sound..id definately recco 4 tracks with 2 different sounding guitars, but that could get sloppy if you dont exactly know what to do with all the frequencies.

that being said vulvacure was only doubletracked. its sloppy as is, but i was hella stoned in my defense

hope this helps

Latest posts

Back