Yet Another MkIII Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMG1

Reaction score
If I get the R2 footswitch can I than switch between R-2 and the Lead channel? Or do I have to go from R-2 to R-1 and than to the Lead channel?

I have a 1988 MK III. Yes. You hit the R2 footswitch to go from R1 to R2. When you are in R2 you then use the other footswitch to toggle between R2 and Lead channel.

Hope this helps!

OK so theres no tap dance.

You can switch between R-1 and lead or R-2 and lead? Right?

I know this should be simple. The reason I question it is because when I looked at pedals on the Mesa site the main foot pedal says R to lead and the R-2 pedal say R-1 to R-2.

Sorry for the stupid question. Its a dirty job but someone has to do it.

Actually - to confuse the situation a little, on Mark III, when you are in R2 and then hit the lead mode, you get a different tone than if you are in R1 and go into lead mode.

Overall, the pedals should be R (1 or 2) to Lead and R1 to R2.

BWK

Boogiewan Kenobi said:
Actually - to confuse the situation a little, on Mark III, when you are in R2 and then hit the lead mode, you get a different tone than if you are in R1 and go into lead mode.

BWK

Do you use the R-2 pedal? Is it one of those things that you get and find you dont bother with it? Is the new tone worth seeking . Whats it like?

Boogiewan Kenobi said:

BWK
That sounds interesting, I'll have to did my MK3 out of storage and give it a go.
Ian

This is a tough question. On some Mark III amps like a Red Stripe, it is easy to get a good clean sound and a good R2 sound. On a Green Stripe, I find this impossible. I can't get a good sound in both. Thus, with my Red Mark III I use the pedal all the time. When I play the Green, I don't use it at all.

BWK

I bought the two pedals. So when I get my amp back from Boogie I'll find out what mine does. Mines a purple.

Latest posts

Back