Yeah!! New metal grill 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyoung

Reaction score
I was in the market for a speaker cabinet and found a metal grill 2x12 half back at guitar center.com. All the listing said was that it contained Black Shadow speakers. Once I got it home I opened the lower compartment and was surprised to see a Vintage Black Shadow VS-12 on the bottom and a CS-90 on top. I am guessing guitar center did not open the lower compartment to see what was there. It would be nice if they were more descriptive in their listings. Also in the lower compartment was a piece of insulation. Anyone know if the insulation was standard for these type of cabinets or maybe someone thought it sounded better with it in there? I picked it up for $299 and I hope that was a good deal. I cleaned it all up and here are some pics.

2013-08-07%2016.42.47.sm.jpg

2013-08-07%2016.43.11.sm.jpg

cyoung said:
I was in the market for a speaker cabinet and found a metal grill 2x12 half back at guitar center.com. All the listing said was that it contained Black Shadow speakers. Once I got it home I opened the lower compartment and was surprised to see a Vintage Black Shadow VS-12 on the bottom and a CS-90 on top. I am guessing guitar center did not open the lower compartment to see what was there. It would be nice if they were more descriptive in their listings. Also in the lower compartment was a piece of insulation. Anyone know if the insulation was standard for these type of cabinets or maybe someone thought it sounded better with it in there? I picked it up for $299 and I hope that was a good deal. I cleaned it all up and here are some pics.

Yep insulation was standard in the 2x12's. Not sure why but it wasn't in metal grill 4x12's
The VS-12 in the bottom and CS-90 up top was one of the various speaker config options for these (and 4x12) cabs.
$299 was a good deal for the cab. It looks to be in great shape too!

Back