www.bandmix.com?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdove

Reaction score
Anybody ever used http://www.bandmix.com to locate musicians in their area? I've placed some covers and originals on my soundclick site (in my signature) and referenced it on the bandmix site. Wondering if any good musicians in my area will pick up on the post.

Missing playing live ... spent all last year trying to get a band together ... unsuccessfully. :roll:

Craigslist is better. Bandmix makes you pay to actually communicate with people.

myspace also has a clasified section. Sometimes you can see and hear what the band or person is about by going to thier page.

took a look at Craigslist ... didn't see anything interesting but I'll check back

I have a www.myspace.com/kendove too ... I have had some contacts through that ... I'll check the classifieds

I like craigslist for finding some things, but musicians tend to be flakey when you answer their classified, and you don't get the same detail as you do on sites that focus specifically on musicians.

That said, like everyone else I hate paying money out for anything, and BandMix.com does charge a membership fee. I was hesitant to pay, but I eventually coughed up the 9.95 and was surprised that we did find two musicians that fit really well for what we needed, and it happened quickly.

We also play several times per week, so bandmix paid membership was attractive to us because we were also listed as a featured artist on www.gigleader.com. Got booked on there twice this year so far, so the membership fee covered itself.

This worked well for us, but might not for everyone. We needed to fill spots bad and needed to get back on the road since a couple of us are full-time musicians. If you play just for fun occasionally and don't want to pony up the 9, I'd stick with Craig.

Latest posts

Back