• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Mark II C or C+ ASAP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markchatwin

Reaction score
I've got 2k-4k to spend based on specs and condition. I'd prefer to get the long head with EQ/Reverb but would also go for combo. PM if you have anything you're interested in selling. Thanks!

Idk if you know or not but the Mark V is coming out in a month and its lead channel is an exact replica of the Mark IIC+ and its only 2grand

MetallicaFreak65 said:
Idk if you know or not but the Mark V is coming out in a month and its lead channel is an exact replica of the Mark IIC+ and its only 2grand

Come on dude, this is a classifieds forum. Please try to keep your unfounded opinions elsewhere.

MetallicaFreak65 said:
i know it is, its not my opinion its just a suggestion to try and help someone

I'm looking for vintage tone right now so a replica will never be that. I've got amp modeling software that just doesn't cut it. I've been told I was crazy to consider paying so much for a Mark II C when I can get a Mark V for less.

Very, very few people will sell their Mark II C's why?

you'll know once you have one ... :D

what about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220351994891&indexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

going by the serial it should be an original IIC+, albeit still with the old face plate. if you can live with not having an EQ all you still need is to get a long head shell and you still can switch back and forth with the combo. you even still have the original hang tag with it.

gts said:
MetallicaFreak65 said:
......Mark V is coming out in a month and its lead channel is an exact replica of the Mark IIC+ .....

I think what he is saying is:
Unless you own or have owned a C+ or played through one extensively and also the same for a Mk V (of course you can't have owned one yet) there is no way you can make a statement like this.
actually Mesa Boogie Hollywood had a proto type of the V and i talk to the guy all the time and he was the one who told me that there is a mark iv lead a mark iic+ lead and an extreme lead so i know for a fact that the V can get IIC+ lead plus more. if you don't believe me call them yourself

MetallicaFreak65 said:
actually Mesa Boogie Hollywood had a proto type of the V and i talk to the guy all the time and he was the one who told me that there is a mark iv lead a mark iic+ lead and an extreme lead so i know for a fact that the V can get IIC+ lead plus more. if you don't believe me call them yourself

I have no doubt that is what the MESA Hollywood guys told you. Just remember who they work for :wink: . I honestly have high hopes for the MkV, but it is not ALL about the lead channel. I would bet money that the new MkV owners that play mostly "metal" will bypass the C+ mode and head directly to the extreme mode for their lead tone. The more gain, the better, right :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .

gts said:
MetallicaFreak65 you're missing the point. We have seen the reviews, the you tube videos from NAMM, the marketing materials, and all the info and pics in the Mark V forum. Just having a toggle switch with a setting labelled IIC+ doesn't mean jack.

The point being YOU have no direct experience with either a C+ or the Mk V. So your statement "and its lead channel is an exact replica of the Mark IIC+ ....." is unqualified.
How do you know it's an exact replica? Have you aver played through a C+?
Believe whatever the guy at Mesa Hollywood says all you want. Bottom line YOU have no direct knowledge.
Just give it up. While good intentioned it's off base. Admit you are wrong and move on.

markchatwin wants a C or C+. He's asked, read up, and based on that info wants one based on people here's first hand knowledge! You have no first hand knowledge!
...very true....the C+ has a MOE JOE all its own...and to prove that a C+ owner isn't "dissin'" a Mk V, I have agreed with the powers that be, to subject myself to to the tonal abyss known as the Mk V(I have a bunch o' bucks down on one...)..when the V comes downtown, me andJoey B. are makin' a pilgrimadge to 'Ham (beware vic....), and we are gonna goose that ***** until the cows come home..and we will faithfully put all the rumors to rest...yeah or nay....
...go team!

I'm getting one this week no matter what. I've seen them come and go in a flash. There is a certain leap of faith to buy one without actually hearing it. But I've read every review, especially loved the link in the previous post, listened to them on you tube, listened to one over the phone and talked to members of this forum about them. I've posted questions that have been answered by members so that's all I can do. Long live the leap of faith purchase.

your right man because mesa cant replicate something that was made in 1984 because technology has gotten worse. no one knows how the IIC+ was built it was forgotten. bottom line is i know the man personally its not a customer relationship, he knows almost everything about the IIC+ and he said its exact. Your right i don't have first hand experience. Ill tell you what when the mark V comes out email me and if i am wrong ill admit it but my source is pretty reliable and idk why you would go out of your way to prove me wrong when alls i was trying to do is suggest something to someone trying to be nice.

..aint trying to prove you wrong,bro...just going to speak the truth..I have no doubt you are all about the boogie love...wish you could be in North Ala when we do the shootout :wink: be forwarned..the C+ underground is a formidable bunch,indeed-they will stand up and be counted for....BYGAWD!!! :)

lesterpaul said:
..aint trying to prove you wrong,bro...just going to speak the truth..I have no doubt you are all about the boogie love...wish you could be in North Ala when we do the shootout :wink: be forwarned..the C+ underground is a formidable bunch,indeed-they will stand up and be counted for....BYGAWD!!! :)
Formidable, and apparently growing!

gts said:
MetallicaFreak65 said:
......Mark V is coming out in a month and its lead channel is an exact replica of the Mark IIC+ .....

I think what he is saying is:
Unless you own or have owned a C+ or played through one extensively and also the same for a Mk V (of course you can't have owned one yet) there is no way you can make a statement like this.

+1
I wanna see it happen and even though i have a 5 on order I honestly DON'T expect it to sound like a Original IIC+ for the simple fact that it'll have a different transformer (for one) and a whole bunch of different parts in the guts.
I swear to GOD on my IIC+
so the wait is on!
Richb

Back