WORST DEAL EVER

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmouth

Reaction score
well, after some 30 years of sending and getting guitars and amps, you think you've seen it all. by far not I guess. within my custom tolex project with gts I thought I had found the right cab and seller and after emailing back and forth several times and the seller ensuring he'd make sure on a really safe packaging. for that I paid him $ 270 to get the proper packaging material, ship the packed up empty cab to gts and the speakers to me on top of the $ 430 for the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=250820201522&si=d4kh7vhHQXUqrKSQ%252BhsVWDhRoDQ%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1123

ok, so far so good. problems only started, after the deal was struck in that the seller almost disappeared with no communication anymore, just some notes about "will ship". takes some more time and all of a sudden I got a message from gts that a unpacked cab with the FedEx sticker glued to the naked cab (!!!) has arrived. what ??? I write to the seller, but still no hearing back anything. goes until I open a case with paypal, that I hear again back, that the speakers will be shipped securely and the next day, that they got shipped out. guess what I received today:

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

(no, I did not remove any packaging material ... this is how 2 20 pound EV speakers got shipped)

IMG_1228.jpg

can you believe that ? I mean how stupid do you have to be ??? 2 speakers with no protection at all and the other 2 with just some bubble paper and tape glued all over them, but the same damage ???

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGH !!!

:evil:

the money is part of the anger ... the other is all the time you have to spend on something due to an idiot not fullfilling his part in a deal for which you even paid for ... :evil:

That's f'd up! I saw that auction, but stayed away because local only. wow I guess he didn't want to ship it.... that's like putting two wrecking balls in a box . The cab is probably totally fine even without any packing. man I'm sorry and that seller deserves a severe beating. Good luck with the claim. Here's a clip from The Big Lebowski...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ht9VZ9RB_w

Scott

An immediate ebay/paypal claim is in order. You will almost definitely get ALL of your money back and still get to leave feedback detailing the event if you feel the need. Don't sweat it, the right cab will find you. Sad to see EV12's die such a needless death...

Mongo1 said:
An immediate ebay/paypal claim is in order. You will almost definitely get ALL of your money back and still get to leave feedback detailing the event if you feel the need. Don't sweat it, the right cab will find you. Sad to see EV12's die such a needless death...

+1 on that. You are protected against this type of thing. Open your claims and you should recover your money. Good luck!

Fair dinkum, that's appalling!!
I feel for U bigtime..
Small consolation, but EVM recone kits will have the sore spkr back to form in double-quick time..
Almost worth finding someone to call around to his place and "talk" things over.. :wink: :wink:

Latest posts

Back